LAYER 01: unWIRED

"30-million toy trucks were bought in the US in 1966."

                  - Marshall McLuhan, The Medium is the Massage (9)


i have received notice from Old Man Hands that the angel of incidence will be paying me a visit next week. While i can hardly contain my excitement i must remember to remain humble. Whatever pleasure an angel can give me, no pleasure could ever fill the cavities that the rolypolys ate out of my heart and teeth, before i ever teethed a heart or tooth, when i was too small to remember, when i wandered by accident into my parents bedroom only to discover that their naked bodies were made of mirrors, and i beheld in those mirrors my own form for the very first time and was terrified into self-consciousness/oblivion. These cavities i am inclined to call sadness, but word on the street is i hardly possess the evidence required to invoke such a term, so i must abide with tentative and strictly non-diagonistic terminology.
Asparagal Taint and Buttock, from year three of the lorenc


You'll be curious to know i've noticed a peculiar phenomenon lately: when my mind wanders every surface begins to looks like a mirror (a.k.a. butthole). It sounds quite similar to the phenomenon you described to me, doesn't it? i behold my own form and see that i too am a meerer. It's of course only an illusion, curable by bringing light to the fact that it is an illusion. 

beanman and beanwoman prepare to punish the disobedient peener
inspired by Kunisada Utagawa's anthology of Mame-emon prints

Old Man Hands meered at me last time i spoke with him, telling me he could smell 

<<THE CHEESE THAT FORMETH BETWIXT THINE HAUNCHES>> 

but that hardly makes him a mirror, since by definition it is by gift of heaven, not by one's own effort, that one becomes one. 


these are my best friends! from left to right:
Old Man Hands, evangelion_episode_26, and Alain 

evangelion_episode_26 asked me to fiddle for them, i shall bring my fiddle the next time i visit their home. i will have to pass through the interforest again. i'll let you know how it goes. Perhaps a light from heaven will save me from death again. That was probably just an illusion anyway.

with love,
gave





Comments